At Home Funding Corp we know that our internal staff is the backbone of the company. We pride ourselves on 16 day funding and we know that would not be possible without an intelligent, dedicated, in house funding staff. HFC has been in business for over 20 years and many of our staff has been with us since day one.
All of our HFC in house staff works from our headquarters in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Our positive, professional, and dedicated staff has propelled our business and keeps our clients satisfied. Why? Because, they are satisfied. HFC is extremely loyal to their hardworking staff and in return, they are loyal to HFC. At HFC we are looking for long relationships with people and want you to know your job is secure.
With Home Funding Corp, you can be sure that you and your family will be well taken care of. From comprehensive medical coverage to a 401(k) plan, you will see that our benefits package ranks among the best in our industry.
Home Funding Corp needs experienced Underwriters and Processors NOW to handle some of the highest loan volume in our history. Join our industry leading team, with great growth opportunities.
Job Details: Loan Underwriters
- Ensures loan accuracy by reviewing the hard copy loan file documentation with the data input in the Loan Origination System.
- Updates the system to accurately reflect all information on the loan file.
- Conditions a loan file in accordance with investor guidelines and requirements.
- Ensures that the file has been processed through the appropriate automated underwriting engine based upon the product selected.
- Verifies that all data in the AU file is accurate based upon supporting documentation.
- Reviews the loan appraisal and any supporting documentation in accordance with standard underwriting guidelines as defined by the product specific investor FNMA/FHLMC/FHA/VA.
- Ensures that proper project classification guidelines have been met for properties located in the condominium or planned unit development.
- Verifies that all third party quality control supporting documentation is contained within a loan file and meets the company standards.
- Communicates proactively with the processing and sales staff on the status of all loans and assists where possible in recommending counter offers for loans that do not meet the guidelines for the products submitted.
- Responsible for adhering to the loan submission standard policy while also assisting in the exception process in order to meet customer closing expectations on a case-by-case basis.
- Manually underwrites files to investor guidelines when loan is not approved through automated underwriting.
- Must have 3-5 years of recent experience underwriting conventional and government loans.
- High school graduate or equivalent schooling and experience.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Ability to underwrite a minimum of 80 loans per month.
- Ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of departmental policies, practices, and procedures.
Job Details: Loan Processor
- Coordinates the upfront underwriting requirements.
- Updates system and begins processing of the loan in accordance with the approval conditions.
- For loans that are suspended or declined: discusses alternative options with the Account Executive and/or broker.
- Coordinates final underwriting approval.
- Responsible for the review and approval of all loan approval conditions within their level of authority as outlined on the loan approval disposition sheet.
- Responsible for continuously updating the Loan Origination System with accurate information regarding their pipeline.
- Review of the pipeline reports daily to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for immediate communication to all appropriate parties on any significant problems or discrepancies regarding individual loans, loan referral sources, and/or vendors. Continuously revalidates the initial underwriting decision.
- Act as a liaison between the borrower and our internal departments.
- Assists the post closing and/or quality control department in obtaining any missing documentation needed in order to render a loan saleable into the secondary market.
- Must have at least 2 years of recent experience.
- High school graduate or equivalent training.
- Must be familiar with DU/LP.
- AMust be able to calculate income and be familiar with tax returns.
- Ability to process a caseload of 50 loans per month and close 25 loans per month.
We welcome inquiries from Underwriters, Processors, Funders, and Loan Assistants whom want a long lasting relationship and a job with security. We are looking forward to hearing from you and exploring your career opportunities with Home Funding Corp.